First of all I want to thank all the people that have messaged me saying how inspired they are by my blog and have praised me for what I have done so far.
I’m going to start with what I did tonight and then I will go off track and talk about other things.
Tonight I did shoulders and legs. There isn’t really a better split than this at the moment as I hit the gym three times a week for around one hour per session.
My splits go,
- Monday – Chest and Biceps
- Wednesday – Back and Triceps
- Friday – Shoulders and legs
- Light cardio and abs in-between if need be.
- Standing shoulder press – 15kg Olympic 6ft bar to start then, 35kg, 45kg and 55kg. All aiming for 8-10 reps.
- Seated press – Dumbbells, 70lb x 8, 70lb x 7, 60lb x 8.
- Front (Anterior Deltoid), side(Lateral Deltoid) and rear (Posterior Deltoid) raises – 30lb x 6 reps x 3 sets
- Arnold press standing – 30lb dumbbells for 8 reps and then 40lb dumbbells for 8 reps.
- In front and behind standing over head press to finish – 35kg for 10 reps and 25kg for 12 reps.
- Squats, bodyweight and stretch to start
- 60kg x 15
- 80kg x 15
- 100kg x 8
- 120kg x 2
- 80kg x 12
- Calf Raise (On leg press), 120kg x 15-20 reps and 4 sets. The pain was excruciating before I stopped!!!
OK, that’s that out the way and now I want to talk about peoples opinions on me, inside and outside the gym.
I have had more compliments in the last few weeks than I have ever had in my life. People are complimenting how I have bulked up since last year and how well I look. I have an issue with this though, as I have always been put down since being young. I have always been chubby, which leads to being called fatty etc. I find when people compliment on me, I think they are saying it to make me feel good and then walk off laughing. Kind of like when you get that person on x-factor that is awful, but everyone says how great they are.
In the gym tonight the one chap asked me if I have lost weight and I said yes. I haven’t gone on any diet at all, I’m probably eating much more than before, just that it is good nutritional food rather than flap jacks for instance. I have ate more healthy nutritious food in the last 3 months than my whole life combined. I started out on healthy eating and it has simply turned to standard eating.
The guy then went on to say I will lose strength if I lose weight. Yeah, I understand what he is saying, but I also know that is complete rubbish. I have lost well over half a stone and my strength hasn’t dropped at all! I have slowly lost the fat at a steady rate and I will continue to do so until my weight levels out.
I was doing standing front, side, rear raises in the gym earlier and I could clearly see muscle fibres in my shoulders. I have never seen it before as I was carrying too much excess fat. This feeling was amazing and I asked my training partner to record it. Let’s just say he isn’t Steven Spielberg! I also noticed when I was spotting him doing seated press than I was starting to see definition across all my muscles in view.
*Again, I’m not being arrogant with what I’m explaining, but I am working damn hard trying to achieve what is slowly coming along*
So, as body fat goes I am doing it right. The main problem I will have is the fat around my stomach. Going from a size 40 inch jeans to visible abs is not going to be easy. I will do it though, so stick with me.
I’m going to leave it there for tonight and blog more over the weekend.
Remember, there’s only YOU stopping YOU…