Hitting the gym tonight was a tough choice as I was worried about causing further injuries to my neck.
I decided to have a nice bike ride to the gym as it’s just too hot to push myself at the moment. I got to the gym and did a few sets of deadlifts to start. I knew that if I could deadlift, I could do anything tonight (Apart from shrugs). I managed to get a 160kg deadlift without too much trouble and left it there for tonight with that exercise. I then did the following.
- Bent over reverse grip barbell row – 3 sets 60kg for 8 reps, 1 set 80kg for 8 reps.
- Bent over one arm row 8 reps 80kg x 2 sets
- seated cable rows x2 sets
- Wide grip lat pull downs x 3
- Close grip pulldowns x 3
- Narrow grip bench press – 60kg x 8, 70kg x 8 80kg x 8
- Skull crushers – 35kg x 8, 40kg x 8, 45kg x 8
- Overhead press – x 2
- Tricep push down to finish them off
and then the ride home.
Most importantly, I have recovered with my neck. I am over the moon and I was quite surprised how much motivation and strength I actually had tonight. I guess it’s common sense that somebody that wants something will try their best to get it and I want to get muscular!
Don’t give up…